Monday, July 08, 2013

Back to work

It's back to the routine now that my little 10-day break from work is over. I didn't get as much riding in as I thought I would during the break, but did get out a couple of times, once for 41 miles.

The highlight of the period was a run along the Lake Superior waterfront in Grand Marais, Minn. on a cool Saturday morning. Beaches, lighthouses, sailboats, water. Not too hard to take.

I continue to run at a maintenance level - around 25 miles a week. In the last couple of weeks I've finally reached a level of conditioning that allows for much easier hill climbs. In the early weeks after resuming running, those relatively little hills were really tough. Just about the time I thought I was never going to turn that corner, it all improved. You just gotta hang in there, I guess. Still have no plans to run any races this year, at least not until after the Katy ride.

Got out for a 6-mile run early this morning. It was already 78 at 5:45 am, but the sun was behind the clouds and it didn't feel all that bad.

No comments: