Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Riding and running

I can't remember the last time I got a mid-week ride in, but I finally did today. It seemed like it was too warm to run, and I had already run two days in a row, so it was either sit in front of the tube or ride.
It was ride.

I didn't go far - about 17 miles - but the route to and through the Riss Lake neighborhood was pretty hilly and a better-than-average workout. I didn't try to race it, but I managed an average of 13.2 mph. Those 28 mph downhills really help the average.

So far this week I've got 58 miles in on the bike and 11.5 on foot. If you count Saturday as part of this week, my ride total goes up to 94. Alas, Saturday was last week.

The running is going pretty well since I started up again at the end of April. I've been averaging around 15 or 16 miles per week, and so far haven't had a run longer than 6.5 miles. I do them all pretty slowly to avoid aggravating  the foot injury that put me on the shelf for 7 months. Happily, it has given me no trouble at all.

No comments: